Pretium Engineering is an innovative building science engineering firm providing services to a wide range of residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional clients. We are a Canadian controlled private corporation with locations in Burlington, Newmarket, Ottawa, the Greater Toronto Area, and Waterloo Region. We are managed by our partners and senior management, all of whom have 10 to 30+ years of experience. Our strength is developing practical strategies to restore exterior building components and structures, and following these projects through to completion.
We require energetic self-starters who can work independently and are interested in diagnostic and/or investigative engineering related to buildings and structures. Applicants must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and have experience with the preparation of detailed reports.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting with project investigation, reporting, specification and drawing preparation, tendering, project management, quality observation and liaison with clients, contractors and manufacturers, as needed;
- Assist with field review/testing and data collection and preparation of performance audits, reserve fund studies, capital planning projects, technical/building audits or other investigative reports complete with observations, conclusions, recommendations and repair budgets;
- Acquire skills that allow you to demonstrate the importance of budget and schedule control, technical competence, documentation quality and physical appearance of construction work to the Client and Project Team;
- Conduct onsite quality control and adherence to prepared specifications;
- On occasion, prepare or oversee preparation of detailed computer aided drawings (CAD) for inclusion with reports and tender documents.
- Maintain utilization targets as determined by your Supervisor; and
- Participate in the knowledge sharing culture through meetings and other training opportunities.
Our company culture provides a meaningful career experience in a dynamic growth oriented environment. At Pretium Anderson there are many opportunities to engage in team building social activities, from skiing in the winter to golfing or baseball in the summer. A challenging opportunity is available to candidates who want to make a difference in this fast paced working environment. We offer competitive compensation salary and benefit packages, performance bonuses, and Registered Pension Plan (RPP) group enrollment. Shareholding opportunities exist for driven individuals that advance the growth and profitability of the company and that demonstrate a team first attitude.
- Excellent technical writing skills. Reporting is to be concise, follow company report formats and be based on project specific evidence.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Building science knowledge including a thorough understanding of air, rain-water, and vapour control.
- Knowledge of construction materials and products, material deterioration mechanisms and repair and restoration methods with specific focus on building envelope assemblies, parking garages, balconies, and guards.
- Effective, responsive communication (verbally and written) with the Project Team and Clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, and other design related software is considered an asset.
- Willing to work at heights, including climbing ladders and accessing swing stages or lifts.
- A valid driver’s license and insured vehicle to travel to the office and project sites within Ontario. Work related mileage is reimbursed.